Among all types of food, pasta is loved by all ages. They love it in all form – creamy, tossed in tomato sauce, you name it.
It is such a popular meal, you can expect it to be on the menu of every restaurant.
It is also easy to make and we’ve put together a great and simple recipe to try at home.
This spicy Italian Penne Arrabiatta can be made in 20 minutes!
1 1/2 cup penne pasta
1 small onion, chopped
3/4 cup cooked chicken, diced
2 clove garlic, crushed or chopped to small pieces
1/4 tsp dried chilli flakes
1 3/4 cup chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp finely chopped fresh oregano leaves
bunch cilantro leaves or basil, to garnish
boullion cubes, salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta in a large sauce pan with salted boiling water until tender. You may refer the packet instructions also. Drain and set aside.
- In another large deep frying pan, heat oil over medium heat, add onion and stir until soft
- Add garlic and chilli flakes, cook for about 1 min
- Add tomato and bring to simmer. Simmer for 3 to 4 min or until sauce is thickened.
- Add chicken and oregano and stir.
- Now add the cooked pasta and toss well. Season with enough boullion cubes, salt and pepper and garnish with cilantro leaves.
- Serve with toasted bread and red wine.